Independence Day is right around the corner and whether you are spending it poolside, by the sea, or backyard with family, we want you to be prepared! Check out our favorite summer must-haves for the 4th!
1. Pool Cover-Up: We think it's a must over your swimsuit. It's perfect and comes in white, black, or orange. http://www.shoplizardthicket.com/pool-cover-up-in-white/
2. Lounge Chair Towel: Perfect for a day at the beach or pool. Use the side pocket to hold your phone, sunscreen, and lip balm (the essentials, right?!).
3. EOS Lip Balm: This is our favorite balm, not only because of the cute colorful pod packaging, but because it's all natural and organic making it safe for all to use. The flavors are so yummy and they smell wonderful, yet we can't decide which one we like the best - we like them all!
4. Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen: This is the best sunscreen under $12. It's non-greasy formula lasts for up to 6 hours in the sun and water. Not to mention, it smells amazing and not like a typical sunscreen.
5. Sun Shades: We have so many affordable sunglasses in our boutiques and we think eye protection is a must-have!
6. Lenny & Eva Cuff: Our L&E collection is amazing and can be mixed and matched between cuffs, wraps, necklaces, etc. It's perfect to throw on with a casual outfit. Check out our line today: http://www.shoplizardthicket.com/lenny-and-eva/
7. Flag Scarf: We have so many patriotic, light-weight summer scarves that are perfect for the 4th of July. Check out on selection in boutiques.
8. Flag Picks: These may be cheesy for every day, but a must during the 4th. These are perfect for pinning a pickle slice to your burger or for snacking on fruit at a BBQ.
9. Lemonade and Cupcakes: What BBQ is complete with out these?! Decorate your table with stars and stripes in red, white, and blue hues. We found really cute patriotic cupcake wrappers on Etsy.com.
10. Summer Refreshing Beverages: Garnish the rim of your glass in blue sugar crystals for a festive look. Mix cranberry juice, sparking water, pineapple juice and crushed ice for a fizzy drink that will cool you off on a hot summer day.
11. Casual Shorts: You must wear red, white, and blue in style on the 4th, so why not look adorable in these striped shorts? Many casual short options available in boutiques.
12. Red Tank Top: Perfect to pair with the shorts listed above to complete the look in style. Available in boutiques.
13. Burt's Bees Natural Insect Repellent: Let's be honest - an outdoor BBQ doesn't come without bugs. It would be nice if they left you alone, but when they bite you must protect yourself with insect repellent. We prefer an all-natural kind that doesn't smell bad and leave you feeling greasy. Burt's Bees is the perfect spray.